From weight loss tools to diet plans, there is plenty of information about weight loss out there that it can be confusing and overwhelming. Besides, some advice can be outdated or misguided; they make you hungry, unsatisfied or even sick.
Losing weight can be very tough, especially when you feel like doing your best but seeing no results.
In this article, we will be discussing a really quick and easy guide to weight loss and weight loss plans that helped me along my journey.
When it comes to weight loss, it is important to know that each body responds differently to a diet plan. There are genetic factors that influence body size, shape, and metabolism.
For example, if you and your friends ate the same food and did the same exercises for a certain period of time, you wouldn't all look the same in the end - that's why there is no diet that works for everyone.
Weight loss plans to lose weight fast and safely
The key to weight loss, is first and foremost to know your body type, to listen to your body and to understand its needs.
- The most efficient weight loss plan is to use healthy food swaps, cut out junk food and replace it with home-cooked meals rich with fibers, nutrients and low in fat - besides it helps you save money from spending on fast food.
- Opt for meals full of vegetables wholebread, beans, lentils, peas or brown rice. It might not taste good at the beginning of your journey, but keep in mind that healthy food may not taste as good as unhealthy food. However, it will make you look better and feel better in your body and mind. By sticking to a weight loss plan, you are going to get used to the taste and it will eventually taste more delicious every day.
- Choosing a High-Fiber diet. Fiber helps reduce appetite and calorie intake, normalize bowel movements and relieves constipation. It improves the digestive system, which is actually important, because digestive problems are common when changing your diet. Food which is rich in fiber is generally more filling, makes you eat less and reach less for another snack. It also tends to take longer to digest. Fiber can be found in foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole-grain products, beans, peas, and other legumes.
- Drinking enough water. Water makes you stay hydrated and helps you snack less. Sometimes being thirsty can be mistaken with being hungry - so if you're thirsty you get more snack cravings. A good way to make drinking water fun is to infuse fruits and herbs in water. It is beneficial for your health, helps you reduce calories and increase immune defense.
- Eating breakfast helps with weight loss. Studies have shown that eating breakfast is actually helpful with weight loss. People who skip breakfast tend to eat more during the day and get a ravenous hunger which makes them make poor food decisions.
- Eating slowly helps with digesting and chewing your food thoroughly and gives your brain time to realize that the stomach is actually full.
- Moving your body is a recognised practice when trying to lose weight. It might feel too much sometimes, but don't be hard on yourself. You can start by walking 30 minutes as a daily routine - it helps you burn more calories strengthen bones reduce body fat and boost endurance.
- Eliminate everything toxic in your life, from toxic people, to toxic food and toxic tv-shows. Every little change you make is a step forward toward your goal. Set a goal, that's how you make it clear for yourself. Self-motivation is the key to achieving whatever you want in life. Track what you eat during the day, by writing on a notebook, or by using a food tracking app to keep track of your calorie and nutrient intake.
- Keep in mind that our appetite is highly linked to our emotions and psychological health, try not to just focus on weight loss and losing fat. Focus at the same time on your psychological well being. There are useful tiny changes you can make to better your health.
Easy tips for losing weight fast:
When I was trying to lose weight, I started by adopting habits that were really harmful; for my body and for my psychological well being. I thought I was doing the right thing, but I was just feeling dizzy and drained all the time. Besides, I had a hard time maintaining my focus on different tasks.
Here are 7 common weight loss mistakes:
- Starving yourself by using a crash diet is the most popular weight loss mistake. A crash diet is when you limit your food intake to the maximum, aiming for rapid results, without knowing that it's better to take small steps. It's best to wait for your body to adapt to the new diet. It is scientifically proven that this type of diet can make you ravenously hungry. You can miss the essential food nutrients that your body and mind needs to deal with day-to-day tasks.
- We only focus on scale-weight. Focusing on scale-weight can be very confusing, because our body weight is not just influenced by fat. There are many factors that influence our bodyweight, like muscle mass, fluid fluctuation and food remaining in our system. It is very common that people who are in a weight loss process might be losing fat. The body is holding on to water and that's why the numbers on the scale are not moving. If you have been working out, your body might be gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously. You will notice that your clothes are becoming looser, despite the numbers on the scale being stable.
- Overestimating the number of calories you burn. Studies show that people usually tend to overestimate the number of calories they burn. They think they burned up to 800 calories; meanwhile they burned just 300 calories. As a result, they end up eating more after exercising.
- Using slimming pills. There are lots of slimming pills available on the market or prescribed by your doctor. These slimming pills are very unhealthy and can cause several health problems. Problems can include increased heart rate to high blood pressure. In addition to that, they increase your appetite when you stop taking them.
- Cutting out all snacks. Many people have the need to eat snacks in between meals, to maintain high energy levels and blood sugar levels. This is especially the case when they are physically or mentally active; you need that snack to keep you going. However, the problem is not in the snack itself, it is in what kind of snack you are eating. So ditch the ice cream, chips and crisps - opt for healthy options instead.
- Opting for food and drinks labeled "low fat" or "diet". Be very cautious of these labels, because usually "low fat" food contains high levels of sugar, or chemical additives.
Here are some healthy snacks, that make you full and help you lose weight:
- Mixed nuts and almonds: they are healthy delicious and good to take on-the-go.
- Greek yogurt: it is low in calories and high in protein.
- Dark chocolate: it is high in magnesium and has beneficial effects on regulating blood sugar, which can help you regain your focus again.
- Rice cakes: they are low in calories, however when eaten alone they don't provide the essential nutrients for the body, so it's best to pair them with protein and fiber.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Last but not least, fruits and vegetables are always the best choice to go for when snacking. They provide your body with the essential amount of fiber and sugar to keep you going during the day.
Remember, the key to weight loss is not how much you eat, but what you eat and the quality of the food itself. Aim to adopt better eating habits and a better lifestyle and gradually your life will improve.